Quality , Health , Safety and Environment (QHSE) Policy
The long-term business success of SeaLand depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our products and services while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement and community goodwill.
This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees, our stockholders and those in the communities in which we work and live.
SeaLand requires the active commitment to, and support of QHSE from all employees. In addition, line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies and standards. We are committed to:
- Protect the health and safety of our people at all times and in all circumstances
- Eliminate QHSE accidents and events
- Prevention of injury and ill health
- Continual improvement in QHSE performance
- Provide a framework for the setting of QHSE goals and performance objectives, and the use of an effective management system in order to meet customer requirements
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our QHSE performance through the definition of operational standards, training, assessments and audits
- Comply with applicable QHSE legal requirements, obligations and which organization subscribes
- Be fully prepared to respond to any QHSE emergency
- Minimize our impact on the Environment through pollution prevention and control of emissions, the efficient use of natural resources and the reduction and recycling of waste
- Educate our employees, customers, contractors, and business partners on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our services and products, and how their actions can influence QHSE performance
- Communicate openly with interested parties and ensure understanding of our QHSE policy, programs and performance
We are committed to the proactive integration of QHSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by reward programs that recognize outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by our employees and contractors.
The Policy shall be reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability and are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with SeaLand procedures, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate. This is critical to our business success because it reduces risk and adds value to our products and services.